20 March 2009

Arrival- Wednesday, March 18

I'm posting this late... this is from day 1 (arrival)


Today was good. The bus ride from the airport was about 2 hours, and as tired as I was I dared not close my eyes for fear of missing something. I had no idea how beautiful the landscape would be. The seasons are changing. Spring only lasts a few weeks here, so it’s a big deal to the people. Our guide told us that most of the "poppies" will be gone in only a couple of weeks—which is amazing because the vibrancy of color has been the most amazing thing to me.


I mentioned that our hotel is just across the way from The Sea of Galilee. It’s a bit of a hike from the hotel to the water, but I walked down this afternoon. To get there, I took a wrong turn out of the driveway (lol) and ended up having to walk through a field crammed with wild flowers. It was absolutely incredible, and I almost missed it. I was so cranky from the flight and lack of sleep that I wasn’t even taking it in. Here I was, mountains in front of me, mountains behind me, the Sea of Galilee just ahead, and surrounded by a sea of wildflowers… but I was too frustrated about taking the wrong turn to even notice. Thank God for my new I-pod. The song playing stopped me dead in my tracks. I must share the lyrics (greg and megan gave me this cd for my birthday. thanks guys-- You’re the bestest of the restest!)

He is here for the broken, life for the one who’s undone.
He is peace to the wounded and hope for the helpless one.
And He is here. He is Here.
Be still, my soul, be still.
Wait patiently upon the Lord.
Be still, my soul, be still.
When waves rise against me, and the wind tries to draw me away,
I will stand on the mountain, safe in your arms, I will sing.
Be still, my soul, be still.
Wait patiently upon the Lord, be still my soul be still.
Be still, and know His is God, He is here.

There are no words to express what I felt as I stood on the banks. I couldn’t quit staring at my feet, and thinking that they could very well be in His footprints. It is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment